JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

Panasonic DMC-FS45 Screen states (System Error Zoom) and

Customer Question

Panasonic DMC-FS45
Screen states (System Error Zoom) and lens will not open nor any apparent steps are permitted
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

This sounds like a mechanical fault, it could be some dirt has got into the lens mechanism and stopping the cogs from moving.

The only thing I suggest you do is gently apply pressure in a downward and circular motion, to the lens when its switched off, it should move about a millimetre.

Then as you press the on switch tap the lens, this will help free any debris and hopefully let it open, if it does, use the zoom feature to extended and contract the lens a few times and turn it on and off about ten time to ensure the debris is removed.

If this doesnt work, the next step is to take the camera in for repair, I would suggest you use Jessops they offer a very good repair service and have alot of stores you can drop the camera off at.

Pleae let me know if you need anythign clarified.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last few days, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last day or so, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James