Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

HP 5540 ENVY Printer (new). Fully installed and working

HP 5540 ENVY Printer (new). Fully installed and working apart from an inability to detect a full load of 10 x 15 c in its dedicated sm in this matter!!all paper tray. This tray does not seem to have any sensor to detect the tray but the full size A4 tray distinctly clicks in place when pushed in. HP Forum not very helpful
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Colin,

Since the printer is new, have you tried returning it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is only a few weeks old. All its other functions are OK. I have failed to contact anyone at HP who knows any answer so far. I am loath to send it back because I will be unable to do much with my computer until it, or another comes back. The fault is probably minor if you know what it is. I have looked at the innards as far as possible but cannot see how the little tray can move far enough in to engage with the rollers which draw paper into where the print head is located.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

This is very likely a mechanical fault, however it can be difficult to locate and without replacement parts there isn't much you can do.

Perhaps HP could send you a replacement printer on the understanding that you return the faulty one as soon as you receive it?

--------------------

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.

Pete.