JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

Channels will not sort in right order after returning

Channels will not sort in right order after returning Toshiba RDXV60KB HDD/DVD/VCR recorder. Always been fine until yesterday
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

There are a lot of channels which are going through frequency changes due to the roll out \ expansion for the 4G mobile phone signal which appears to be causing some interference.

The best thing to do is perform a factory reset, followed by a re-tune.

Instructions for tuning can be found page the bottom right of page 20 here, and instructions for a factory reset can be found at the top right of page 73.

In essence go to Setup, General Settings, then Reset All, and when prompted select Yes to the confirmation

To retune go to Setup, General Settings, Channel, then Auto Tune

If this doesnt work (channels are not in the correct order), you can follow the manual DVB tuning instructions on page 22 of the same manual, which allows you to reorder them, however a reset and re-tune should allow the TV to resort the channel order for you.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks JamesI had already tried the reset and auto tune but with no success. Have just tried both again (twice!) but still everything is in the wrong order. As I said earlier this channel order problem only started over the weekend. Retuning had always worked fine until then for many years. If necessary I will have to manual retune but this is a bit of a palaver.Any other ideas?ThanksTim
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim,

This sounds like a failure on the control board, a new board would be around £100, plus labour.

If you would like me to recommend a repair centre for you take it in and have the board replaced, please provide your postcode.

Ive check to see if there are any new firmware updates, and nothing has been released in the last 6 months so I dont think there is a known fault, which a firmware upgrade would fix.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh Dear! More expense!! My postcode is SN6 7AT. MANY thanks for all your help.Tim
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I would recommend Burdens (160 County Rd, Swindon, SN1 2DY) unfortunately they arent picking up, but would if you pop down with the recorder they should be able to give you a estimate. Their number is ***** 485454.

They are very good, and have had numerous customers come back with very positive reviews, failing that you can try Genserve on 01793 886333, they are rather pricy, you looking at around £80 in labour repair charges - at which point its cheaper to buy a new unit.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again. Will try one of them