Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My father has a Freesat digital box and satellite dish

Good Morning.
My father has a Freesat digital box and satellite dish installed when we converted to digital. The Instruction Manual is headed 320GB /500GB Freesat+HD Digital TV Recorder.
For some time the on /off switch has been sticking which was cleared by unplugging the power source and re-attaching.
However it has now stopped working altogether with no standby light showing although the unit is humming presumably some sort of cooling fan.
Can you help please.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard. Pleased to say it's up and running again. However I wonder if this is a fault that is going to happen again and is a repair required for the unit?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

This is nearly always residue power build up when it works again, but in case, if the problem returns, then just let me know here, this is no problem.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit