Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We have switched out toshiba L73 digital TV on this morning

Hi we have switched out toshiba L73 digital TV on this morning and the remote control is not working ( we have changed the batteries) and checked they are in correctly.
Also the TV has no sound but does have a picture.
Our sky remote control also cannot increase the volume it works in terms of changing channels but not to alter the sound or get us into the TV menu
Can you help please?
Lisa
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

offering this now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this another £33 in addition to the £27 already paid?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, but it is optional as you requested it, else we continue here Lisa, that is no problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the clarity, I would like to continue with the £27 package please to see if we can resolve the issue, just for clarity from my side, I only wish to make a one off payment and not get into a monthly payment plan is that what you are offering?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

no, its an additional service I offered which was a one time fee, but did you do the instructions I initially gave you? As I am waiting on these results Lisa, I'll repeat them again for you

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the instructions above, sorry I thought I had sent the response, the TV is still not working properly, there is a picture but no sound.
We have also noticed that we cannot turn the TV off with the remote control, or via the manual buttons on the side of the TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to Settings, then Reset Tv, and perform a reset of the TV which will return it to new.

Once done, setup the TV and tell me how it now functions please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortnatley we cannot get to the settings category because the remote control is non responsive, as are the buttons on the TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I was checking but the manual does not list it, do you see any buttons on the side or at the bottom?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have buttons on the side of the TV which we have tried the power button to turn off and on but there is no response the TV remains on with just a picture
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this confirms it if even the buttons do not work

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help we will do this
thank
lisa