Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Can a Hitachi 43" 4K tv be repaired

can a Hitachi 43" 4K tv be repaired
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Is the crack on side of screen appear on all video inputs or when TV menu screen appears?

Can you provide me a good picture of TV screen to see that crack which will help alot to diagnose the issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The small crack is to the middle left hand edge would it be possible to fit a new screen and roughly at what cost.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Thanks tony for the pictures that helped a lot. Unfortunately it is display panel/ screen damage and screen replacement would cost approx new TV price of same size so you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending time and money on this one's repair.

Replacement display panel/ screen costs approx 90% of entire TV and if you add TV tech labor than it could exceed new TV price. I'm sorry about it as flat panel TV manufacturers intend to sale more TVs instead of repair a sold TV. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.