*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268
Electronics

Just got a Sony Bravia KD-55XD9305 55 inch and can view UHD

on Netflix or amazon video... Show More
on Netflix or amazon video fine. Sky Q set up three days later and cannot access 4k/UHD content.
I have tried powering everthing on and off.
I have found HOME-SETTINGS-EXTERNAL OUTPUTS and from here adjusted HDMI signal format to enhanced 4k.
However, nothing allowing me to access UHD on sky q, or even see option for UHD in skys menu system as only goes to 1081p. Yet SKY says contact Sony as must be TV
Category: Electronics
Show Less
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
replied 2 months ago.

The 4k should work if you have the Sky Q Silver box and a Ultra HD television .

The first 4K content broadcast on Sky Q was on August 18.

If you have both a 4K/UHD television and Sky Q Silver enabling 4K is a straightforward task.

When you start to try to watch something in 4K and you do not have it enabled you should get a prompt to hit your red button which will take you straight to the necessary settings page where you need to set your television to 2160p. If you want to set up UHD without using the prompt then you need to go into the settings menu of your box, then to the setup option, select 'Audio Visual' and then select 2160p.

Here is an article that explains what can be viewed now in UHD>https://recombu.com/digital/article/what-can-i-watch-now-in-4k-uhd-on-sky-q-ultra-hd-shows-movies-channels

Now the mighty Sky has its own selection of Ultra HD movies, TV shows and sports too, via the Sky Q Ultra HD service.

Sky began airing and streaming its 4K content on August 13 with the first Premier League football game of the season. Sky also added a selection of films and shows, available now to download and watch in UHD quality. That means a 3840x2160 resolution picture for connected compatible televisions and projectors.

But what’s actually available to watch in 4K now that the service is live for Sky Q Silver customers? And what 4K content does Sky have planned for the rest of 2016 and into 2017?

What sports can I watch in 4K on Sky Q Ultra HD?

One of the big appeals of UHD on Sky has to be sports coverage. Sky already airs plenty of football so it has lots of experience in delivering the best shots, which will now be available in gory detail. See every facial expression on the players, every swear word uttered and all the action as close to being there as is technologically possible right now.

Sky has secured 124 Premier League football games which it will air in 4K UHD. That means that it will be broadcast live to your dish at 50 frames per second for super fast action captured clearly.

Sky has also announced that it will be airing the complete Formula One season in UHD 4K for 2017.

While the UHD Sports can be watched live and recorded there don’t appear to be any on demand offerings to download after the events.

What movies can I watch in 4K on Sky Q Ultra HD?

Sky Cinema is crammed full of flicks already in HD but they’re now joined with a selection of UHD 4K films, with plenty of Sky premieres in there. Sky says there are 70 movies available in UHD.

These films can be downloaded and streamed, presuming you have a decent internet connection - as they’re about 18GB a pop. That said you are able to start watching once a certain amount of the film is downloaded and it’ll just keep downloading the rest as you view, much like the current streaming-style system works for HD.

Films available right now for free in Sky Cinema are:

Spectre, The Martian, Everest, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Fury, Pixels, Chappie, Terminator Genisys, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, Spongebob Movie: Spongebob Out of Water, Talladega Nights, Top Five, The Wedding Ringer, Think Like a Man Too, No Good Deed, The Patriot, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2, Project Almanac, Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, Groundhog Day, Forrest Gump, The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, The Guns of Navarone, Lawrence of Arabia, Amistad, Annie, Angels & Demons and Captive.

Films available right now to buy or rent on Sky Store are:

The Revenant, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Zoolander 2, Risen, The Night Before, The Big Short, World War Z, Flight, Battle: Los Angeles, Shutter Island, Pineapple Express, Men In Black II, Hancock and Salt.

What TV shows can I watch in 4K on Sky Q Ultra HD?

Sky has also launched the Ultra HD offering with a selection of TV shows, mainly consisting of nature documentaries that really take full advantage of that stunning 4K picture quality.

There are also plenty of box sets available in UHD where the entire series is shown in high 4K quality.

Box sets available in UHD right now are:

The Blacklist, Fortitude, The Last Panthers, The Enfield Haunting, The Tunnel, The Tunnel: Sabotage, David Attenborough’s Conquest of the Skies, David Attenborough’s Natural History Museum, David Attenborough’s Galapagos, Big Cats: An Amazing Family, Richard Hammond’s Jungle Quest, Behind Russia’s Frozen Curtain, Giant Sea Serpent: Meet the Myth, River Jaws: Monster Catfish, Secret Life of Pearls, Wild Namibia, Wild Sri Lanka, Strike Back: Project Dawn, Strike Back: Vengeance, Strike Back: Shadow Warfare and Strike Back: Legacy.

What can I watch in 4K on Sky Q Ultra HD? 4K movies, shows and channels coming soon

Sky has said it will air the entire Formula One 2017 season in UHD.

It has also promised five new dramas including The Young Pope starring Jude Law.

Also upcoming is The Trip To Spain starring Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon, Sky Arts’ Landscape Artist of the Year 2016 and Blur in concert.

Movies Sky mentioned as coming but that aren’t showing up for us in UHD yet include Jerry Maguire, Zoolander, The Da Vinci Code, Spider-Man and Minority Report.

*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service replied 2 months ago.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Customer reply replied 2 months ago.
tried all mentioned as standard information describing how things SHOULD work. I cannot get the UHD option on sky q at all in the settings.......audio visual section.
I even turned on enhanced settings for the Sony Bravia KD-55XD9305 to enable 4k/UHD content in HDMI (not even mentioned in the reply) so I am not satisfied with the response as it was a technical problem involing this TV and sky q and not just a request for redily available basic info on sky website and others. The problem is it does not work so I request a refund please.