Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a KORG D8 digital recorder. when i switch on, i get a

i have a KORG D8 digital recorder. when i switch on, i get a 'working' message then a 'innit ' message preceeded by an 'E' or a 'Nodata' message preceeded by an 'E'. i cannot record anything or do anything. i havent used the machine for 6 months . please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

When it says nodata it refers to no data being within the current song

Are you getting this on all songs you select?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is an E in front of no data. it used to start with no data without the e. .. e innit 1 appears first
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, remove the power again, wait 5 minutes, connect the power and tell me what it now does please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive switched of for five minutes. . and disconnected from the mains. ill wait for five.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. im switching on
innit 1 space ok appears
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, is it functioning ok now after booting up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no normally that message does not appear. normally it says no data ( without a E ) and your good to go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is an arrow flashing to the right but i cant access it to say yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

it does do it but usually very quickly that you would not normally notice it, it can at times take some time to load and then it remains on for a bit.

The recorder is not responding to anything you do correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct ish. i can use the rec select button to get ready to record. i can go through the recording process to get ready to record, but when i actually press record , the digital travk does not move or count on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the issue

It is the internal memory that has faulted. Anything to do with it accessing the memory is when the failure occurs

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the recorder to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks for trying. its well out of warranty . ive had it for 6 or 7 years.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, if you can find a second hand one online with a working mainboard, you can replace it yourself if your handy with electronics (no soldering is required)

Else you would need to purchase a replacement one sorry.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

And please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit