JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Panasonic viera tv and the other day it froze then

Customer Question

i have a Panasonic viera tv and the other day it froze then switch off and then back on, which it keeps doing. at first when it switches on the green light flashes about 7 times then it takes ages for the picture to come on . then as soon as the picture comes up it turns off, and starts all again switches back on.
please help as i have tried everything.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The flashing light 7 times suggests a main board failure, you will likely see this fault develop and get worse.

Since this is a hardware fault, your not going to be able to reapir this with a software upgrade or a setting change in the menu.

I suggest you take the unit into a service centre for repair, if you provide your postcode I can recommend a suitable firm to repair the TV.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My post code is YO88ql
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to speak with the service centre to give you a ball park cost.

I would suggest you use the approved Panasonic repair centres for this type of repair so the work is covered by the Panasonic warranty, your nearest centre is DBS who are about 30 miles from you.

They charge £40 inspection fee, if you then chose to have it repaired they charge a further £40 for labour costs, so your looking at £80 + parts to have it repaired.

DBS can be contacted on 01904 692266 or via their website :www.dbsservicecentre.co.uk

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up to find out how you got on with your TV repair, and find out if I can be of any further assistance?

James