Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an old devolo extender which won't accept its

I have an old devolo extender which won't accept its password ***** latest iPhones but does from my old Mac? How can I fix this. The devolo is older pattern blue plastic.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You mean the latest iPhones cannot connect to it correct?

Whats the message they get when it fails?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Richard
I replied to this via your email the other day. I have been unable to access justanswer but am finally in - usually says "incorrect password" but sometimes I have got something like develo not available - I repeat attempt to get in several times then " incorrect password" comes up?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IPhones and IPad all IOS but as I said my old Mac laptop never has a problem
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, but the iPhones ect are saying this message correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, if it is saying this it mean you are using the wrong password ***** the iPhone to connect to the extender.

Where are you getting the password *****?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have used the password ***** the security ID on both the transmitter and the receiver - they are different. Neither works
They are 16 alpha-numeric digits
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

which model devolo is this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No model number like on latest
Label has: dLan highspeed internet ii
Serial number
0910279720003988
On the transmitter
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I believe it is
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, then enter the password ***** and tell me if thats accepted please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tried it several times
First message incorrect password
Further messages when retried - unable to join devolo
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

whats the name of the network the iPHone is connecting to

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am on virgin fibre broadband at present but had the same problem on Sky which was ineffect BT copper wire
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, but what I am asking Colin is whats the name of the network the iPHone is connecting to

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not sure I fully understand - my phone is on 3. My broadband router is designated VM1391686
My phone Using apple5s IOS10 and I tend to use Yahoo as internet provider?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

your trying to connect your iPhone to wifi, it is saying incorrect password, what is the name of thew wifi network your trying to connect to that it fails on

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Trying to connect to the device named 'devolo ' at the receiver. The transmitter is Ethernet connected to the router
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Sorry I do not follow.

The device is a ethernet powerline that connects to the power socket, it does not provide wifi.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ill try to ask again

what is the name of thew wifi network your trying to connect to that it fails on

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Virgin? The devolo receiver has Ethernet + wifi i can connect the devolo to the MAC by either Ethernet or wifi. It also shows the wifi motif when in range on iPads and phones. The transmitter has just Ethernet ports
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, its not Virgin....

its the name you select on the iPhone when connecting, I am not sure the confusion here as you choose it when connecting.....

On iPhone go to setting, general, reset, reset network settings then try to connect.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have carried out the reset and still no joy on devolo?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

I need to know, and there is no reason you cannot tell me as you see this, what is the name when you connect on the iphone, of the wifi network you connect to

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Richard I am not being evasive here. When I go to wifi I get a list of devices up including the neighbours - there is the modem delivery VM1391686 which is supplied by virgin and operates through most of the house. Also one of the devices that comes up is devolo towards the rear of the house? No other wording comes up?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

what name do you press on when connecting on the iPhone.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One of the device names which I have described - taken a photo on my phone and attempt to upload it
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, thats not the develo, thats the virgin media box, nothing to do with the Develo, which is why I have been trying to get this information.

You need to enter in the password ***** the virgin media box (the Wireless Key)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tried that Richard and it still doesn't access devolo
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

your not accessing Devolo though, your accessing the Virgin Box....

Stop thinking Develo please as this is not what your selecting

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have tried on the develo device
The virgin password ***** the network and something called the settings password ***** of course HOMEPLUG none of which work.
Can't input into the virgin device cos it connects automatically - are you suggesting I put in HOMEPLUG into virgin box?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

what network is the mac connecting to

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Exactly the same when in the front room it connects to the virgin box and when at the rear it connects to the devolo because it's a stronger signal - I don't input passwords cos it remembers them
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

follow the steps here please on the Mac to get the password ***** for the develo

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/05/18/how-to-find-a-wi-fi-password-on-mac/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Richard - I do appreciate the work your putting in and I will do it tomorrow morning - my wife is coming home from work and I need to prepare her meal
Colin
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, thanks Colin

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer