nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

We have a Gigaset 300h system in the house (4 phones), and

Hello. We have a Gigaset 300h system in the house (4 phones), and have returned from a period away to find that nothing works at all. Is there a way of wiping all the settings and starting again? In particular, we don't seem to have a record of a PIN for our system. Is there a way of resetting the system if one does not know one's PIN?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 10 months ago.

Hi Jonathan. Welcome to justanswer.

If you have forgotten your system PIN, you can reset the base to the original code 0000:

Disconnect the power cable from the base.

Hold down the registration/paging key on the base while reconnecting the power cable to the base. Hold down the key for at

least 5 seconds.

The base has now been reset and the system PIN set to 0000

For resetting the device:

Press Menu-Settings-System-Base Reset-Yes- Press the display key

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** which is the registration/paging key?Then, in your second point about resetting the device (which I take to mean the individual handset) which is the 'display key'?Sorry to be so dumb

The registration/paging key is the one which is on the base unit and the display key is the first key from the top left (just below the screen)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have four phones, three of which are on what I would call dumb bases, with no keys on them at all. The fourth is the master base and it has 8 keys with different symbols on, some of which I can understand but others not. Which of these keys on the base is the registration/paging key?

Can you confirm the model of your Gigaset phone once again?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
C300H

I am sorry. I thought your model was C300.

The reset process is simple for C300H.

Just Press MENU-SETTINGS-SYSTEM-RESET HANDSET. Then press OK to confirm

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK that will work (I imagine) for the handsets but what about the main base? I still need to know which of the various keys on the main base is the registration/paging key.

You have to do the same procedure on the main base unit as well to reset. The paging key is the one with speaker/wifi kind of a sign. The first key out of the 8 keys present.

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services.
You will see a tab on your screen saying WRITE A REVIEW. A positive review/bonus is well appreciated. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK thanks, ***** ***** I can now make progress and yes, I am satisfied with what you have done for me so I will give you a good rating.
Thanks then
Jonathan

Thanks for the ratings Jonathan. Have a good day.