michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My KX-TGJ320E cordless phones are stuck on "mute" - how do I

Customer Question

My KX-TGJ320E cordless phones are stuck on "mute" - how do I clear this please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

How old is the phone?

Try to remove the battery from the handset, the battery is located at the back. Open the cover to access the battery and then remove it.

After removing it press and hold down the power button on the phone for 45 seconds without the battery and then insert the battery and try to use it.

let me know how it goes after you try the steps.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There are two batteries in my handset, however I have removed and subsequently replaced them but still the screen tells me the phone is mute.

did you remove the battery and leave the hand set down for few mins, if not remove the batteries and unplug the base from the ac adapter and then leave the handset for 3 to 5 mins and then press and hold down the power button on the handset for 45 seconds without the batteries release the button install the batteries and then try.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't think we are talking about the same 'phone - this has four cordless handsets, model TGJ320e (CE0470)

Please confirm is it Panasonic KX-TGJ320EB Single Handset Cordless?

or click here and select the correct model number and let me know the url link

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is model number TGJ320E (cordless phone/answering system, with nuisance call blocker) bought from ***** ***** at a cost of about £100 I think, base unit with phone plus three other phones, all bought as a package, but I cannot see it listed.
I purchased it early this year.

Reset the handset by removing batteries for at least 45 seconds fixed the problem however if the screen is still stuck then it could be a hardware problem. Hardware problem can only be fixed by the workshop repair.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Presumably I should take it back to ***** *****? Very inconvenient as I'm 85 years old! I will call them, if this is what I should do, before driving into their Norwich store - are you sure this is the only remedy? It could be a very long time to be without 'phones apart from a mobile.

Please call them first and then proceed to take the handset. As per my expertize the problem seems to be not getting fixed by device reset which we have already tried.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Thank you

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** was resolved, it was, in fact, a telephone line fault!
I did rate your reply and have no more questions.

Thank you for using our service and have a good day.