JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have 5 Samsung TV's. One of them is a model LT27C350EW-EN

Customer Question

I have 5 Samsung TV's. One of them is a model LT27C350EW-EN 27"., on freeview. A couple of months ago I could get programmes 1 to 9 easily, but then after that I could open a station, but it went to half picture, then turned off, coming back on and starting al through the same again. This was the same with all stations up to 39. What has happened and how can I get it back to what it was. I have re-turned it twice but no cure. I think it's about 3 years old. Would like to see if it can be cured before I bin it.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If the below is a question I am afraid the answer is no. The TV and computer are rooms apart. Being in a wheelchair prohibits me from carrying anything around
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

This sounds like a likely software fault on the TV, to better understand the fault can you clarify what you mean by half picture, is the picture resized to half of the screen or is half the TV blacked out?

Secondly when the TV turns itself off, does it come back on by itself?

Finally when you press the menu button on the remote does this display as expected without being distorted in any way?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, The picture goes into 2 halves, if you draw a line across the middle (side to side) it goes to half a picture in the bottom half.
When it turns off it stays off for several seconds and the comes back on to the station it left. It goes into 2 halves and off and all over again. The menu button I can press any programme, 10,15,29, 36 etc., etc., and a picture comes on, goes into 2 halves and so on. Programme buttons 1 to 9 are no trouble and the picture remains.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Back in about 25 minutes, personal matter to attend to.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I now understand, this isnt a tuner fault hence why the retune didnt work. I assume you have already tried a factory reset, this is unlikely to resolve the fault, however as this is only a 10 minute job and potentially save you a costly visit to the service centre its working doing, and can be access by going to Menu and then selecting the Support sub menu.

This sounds like a main PCB failure, which is resulting it producing a fault and the TV restarting itself. With this type of problem the only option is to replace the faulty board.

If the factory reset didnt work, please provide me with your post code I can recommend a suitable service centre, depending on your location it may well be worth repairing it.

James

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Being housebound etc., I will dump it and buy another. Thanks.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I havent heard from you in a few days, and wanted to understand if I can be of any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?