JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My T.V. is not coming on when switch on from socket. showing

My T.V. is not coming on when switch on from socket . showing a continual alternative red & green light
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good evening,

If you have left the machine unplugged for a few minutes, disconnected all but the power cable and then tried to turn it back on, and get the same fault, this would suggest a power board failure within the TV itself.

The next step is to confirm the make and model of the TV, and your postcode, so I can recommend a suitable service centre where you can get the TV repaired.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you James.
I have decided to purchase a new T.V. I have had my current T.V. some time now and from what I am told T.V.s are so reasonably priced today that a repair could possibly cost nearly the amount of a new one. Would you agree ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

A typical repair would cost around £150. So it rather depends on the make and model of TV, if your not to bothered in terms of brand, you can pick a new 43" from Tesco at the minute for under £200 here.

Please let let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and appreciate if you can rate the service at your earliest convenience.

James