nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have an Epson WF-3520 printer which worked perfectly at

I have an Epson WF-3520 printer which worked perfectly at work. I brought it home, plugged it in and the wifi between it and my Mac Pro laptop has stopped working. Any ideas? Thanks, Brian
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 6 months ago.

Hi Brian. Welcome to justanswer.

Did your work and home wifi are same? If not, then you need to setup your home' s wireless network connection for your printer. Reply so that we can proceed

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No they're different.

Okay. Then you need to setup a new wireless connection. Do you have your printer's usb cable?

Can you opt for Secure Remote Assistance so that I can connect to your system and resolve the issue myself as guiding you through this chat will take a long time

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, as I always use the wifi facility.

No problem. Let me know if you can accept my offer

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you saying that you can connect it remotely even without the usb cable?

No I am saying that if you opt for Remote assistance I will be able to resolve the problem quickly as the chat will be real time and I can change the settings in your Mac which are needed for setup.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, so you are saying that you can do the set up without the cable if I pay for the remote assistance which is a further £25 on top of the £20 I already paid? Is this right?

Yes. It's okay if you don't want to proceed by remote assistance. I will give you the steps which you can follow to set up the network

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That would be great.
  1. Press the home button, if necessary.
  2. Press the left arrow button to select Wi-Fi Setup and then press OK
  3. Press the OK button to select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
  4. Press the up or down arrow buttons to select the name of your wireless network and press the OK button. If you do not see your wireless network's name, you can enter it manually.
  5. Enter your wireless password (or network name and then password).
    • Press the arrow buttons to highlight a character or a function button displayed on the keypad. Then press the OK button to select it.
    • To change the case of letters or select symbols, select AB12 (uppercase), ab12 (lowercase), or Symbol and press the OK button. Then highlight a number or symbol and press the OK button to select it.
    • To enter a space, select Space and press the OK button.
    • To delete characters, select the back arrow and press the OK button.
    • When you finish entering characters, select Done and press the OK button.
  6. Press the OK button to confirm Wi-Fi settings.
  7. Select Yes if you want to print a network status report, or No if not, and press the OK button. The WiFi light should now be on, but not flashing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've done all that and have the green light but it's still not printing. The printer message says it's ready to print but nothing's happening.

Now you need to make some changes on your Mac system.

Click the Apple logo and then select System Preferences

Select Print & Scan

In the Print & Scan (Print & Fax) window, click on the plus sign button. Check the attached image

When you click the plus sign, it will search for your printer. Select your printer's name from the screen and follow the on-screen instructions to add it

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Done all that but still not working.

I have dropped the charges. Can you accept it so that I can check what is the issue. If I cannot resolve the problem, I will forward your request for refund

nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Security and Privacy and at the bottom click Anywhere

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have an 'anywhere' tab

Under General tab, you will find Anywhere as shown in this image

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I found it but it asks for a password ***** I don't have a password ***** getting into my laptop.

Leave it blank then and press okay

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It says a password *****'t been set for this user. Should I create one?

No need to. Just press the submit button with password *****

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Done but can't tick the anywhere tab

Choose the small circle beside it to change. If still unable to do it then check if there is any lock sign at the bottom

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do what you said and click on the lock. I then click on 'unlock' which gives a sound as if it's unlocking but I can't use any of the circles. They are all still blocked.

Do you have google chrome browser?

You need to enter the password ***** Apple account and then click unlock

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I use safari for internet connections but don't know about Google Chrome.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried but it won't accept it. You are talking about the same password ***** use when using iTunes and Apple store?

Then please create a password ***** your Mac

You also need to install java from this link. Just click download and open the downloaded file to install it.

https://www.java.com/en/

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Done that and got this reply:Access DeniedYou don't have permission to access "http://sdlc-esd-stage.oracle.com/ESD6/JSCDL/jdk/8u101-b13/jre-8u101-macosx-x64.dmg?" on this server.
Reference #18.67caffb0.1474800590.627e26f

You first need to change the option to ANYWHERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did and just checked that the anywhere tab is checked

Click this link then and scroll down to MAC OS X and click the red arrow beside it

https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, same access denied message.

Type java download for mac on google toolbar and then click the first link. Try downloading through it

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=47483051-0bc5-4f92-8b09-415d09da294d&Type=Java

Press I Agree on this link and open the downloaded file named Elsinore.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It says this: To open this Web Start application you need to download the Java Runtime Environment. Shall I click ok?

Yes press ok

Is it downloading Java Runtime Environment

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't see it doing anything. I did get a Java message earlier saying I needed OX 10.6.I thought giving golf lessons was difficult sometimes but your job is much more difficult and frustrating!!

Click this link and download for Mac OS X from the list. Click the blue link beside it. Click the second link with .dmg extension

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's downloaded. Wen know where it's gone?hat do I do with it now as I don't even know where to find it.

It will be in your Downloads. The file's name would be starting like jre8u101

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's installing

Okay. Once the installation is complete, open the Elsinore file which you previously downloaded so that we can connect.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It now says I may need to close all browsers. Won't I lose our conversation?

No you won't. Open the Elsinore file once it finishes installation. Come back to justanswer.co.uk and log into your account. Under My Requests, this conversation would be there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I didn't close the browser and have this message:
Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 8 Update 101).