Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung 46 TV. (UE46ES6710) It's 3 years old and

Hi I have a Samsung 46 TV. (UE46ES6710) It's 3 years old and recently started not responding to the remote. You'd think it would be a remote issue but unplugging the tv and turning it on again immediately cures the problem. Also the small light on the tv always responds to the remote. This now happens everyday. Obviously the tv works so is this a strange software bug? Many thanks for any help you can give.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- Have you tried to put new batteries in remote?

- Also, have you tried the remote closer to TV, I mean from 2 feet distance etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried new batteries and been very close. Still nothing happens..
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, can you operate the TV through control buttons on TV itself?

Is there any other Samsung TV to try this remote on it or another Samsung remote available to try it on this TV as a test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no controls on the TV and it's actually just done it again. I tried changing to channel 2, pressed the 2 and it's frozen on the 2 so the number 2 has stayed on screen whilst the tv channel hasn't changed . (The channel is still playing). There's no other tv to try it on.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, how the TV gets channel signals, is it connected to aerial for local channels OR any satellite box hooked to TV and do you use Samsung remote to change the channels?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The signal is straight from a standard aerial and it's the Samsung remote that came with the tv. There's other hard drives connected but I unplugged everything and it still does it.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about delayed reply, had an issue with my internet connection.

Please check following link to view control knob on TV located at lower rear corner of right side..

http://www.reviewzone.de/wp-content/gallery/1588/1_samsung-ue40es6710-led-tv_3.jpg

Does this knob work to change channel or turn TV On-Off while TV freezes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it and the menu comes up but the screen won't change to anything else, won't go to any other screen or smart hub so nothing changes..
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so the problem isn't specifically related to remote as control knob also doesn't work to correct the issue.

Unfortunately it seems main board of TV is failing and causing the problem, main board has main controller/ video processor chip which has got internal failure that is why TV gets stuck/ freezes after some time and rebooting the TV fix the issue temporarily. I'm afraid you would need to replace main board of TV to resolve the problem as it is hardware related issue and there is no reset/ push button solution.

If you're working on this TV yourself then need to remove back cover of TV after removing screws around the back panel then find a label on main board for part number that can be used to search/ google to get replacement main board price info to order it. Board replacement is easy, sort of plug and play type work. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help.