Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung LED TV has lost it's picture having 'frozen'

My Samsung LED TV has lost it's picture having 'frozen' prior to disappearing. The sound is still there and is still controllable. I am unable to change the channel from BBC 1 which I was watching at the time. I bought the set at PC World Eastleigh on 15/5/2011. Have you any suggestions? I am a bit of a technophobe being 74 and I live alone so have no-one to help me out.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power lead from power socket on wall for 10 minutes to reset, reconnect power lead back in and check?

Please reply with the result.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NO I haven't
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, can you please try it now?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have unplugged it and am waiting for the 10 mins to go.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** your time, reconnect power cord and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That has worked Shahid. Thank you. Had I realised it was that simple I would not have bothered you! I can change channels and everything seems to be functioning. I was fearing I would have to buy a new TV although this one isn't very old.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Excellent, glad to know the problem is resolved. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.