Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a panasonic tx-42as740b. The standby LED is flashing

Customer Question

I have a panasonic tx-42as740b. The standby LED is flashing three times but it will not switch on. I've checked the plug fuse, changed the remote batteries and tried switching it on at the side of the set. no joy. I've also had the back off and checked the fuse on the PSU board and that is good. No obvious signs of burnt out caps and no scorch marks on any boards. Any ideas? Thanks.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

3 blinks suggests there is a fault on the main board, scorch marks may not be present for resisters to fail.

I would look to get a quote for replacing the main control board, in general if it was a power supply board I would expect you to see no LED light shown at all.

You may find the video here, useful in tracking down the right part.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?