Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a brother MFC J45 10DW that has problems printing on

I have a brother MFC J45 10DW that has problems printing on black only although when making copies from the flatbed the black print quality is perfect
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi John,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

When making copies, a mixture of colored inks is used to create the black color.

When you try printing on black only, the black ink is used instead, so it appears there is a blockage somewhere within the ink jet system. You can try running several cleans; if that does not work then a more thorough manual cleaning will be required.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Pete you have answered my question although it does not resolve the problem after several cleans the quality does improve but not for long and when running a quality check the ink pattern is not always the same different dots missing
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

If several cleans still did not help, then there may be a problem with the ink cartridge - have you tried fitting another cartridge?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Pete, yes I have tried a new cartridge, I read on another forum that It may help to use a compressed air can to blast the old ink through to clean the head is this something that you would recommend.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Yes using clean air to try and clean out any old dry ink is recommended.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will try the air, I do not believe that you can be of further assistance without actual physical input.
Thank you for your help,RegardsJohn
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Ok, if you need anything else just let me know at any time!

Pete.