nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab/Pro SM-T520 which is no longer

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab/Pro SM-T520 which is no longer working. At first, it had problems holding a charge so a friend replaced the battery for me. No success - the problem continued and the tablet started to have other problems like not switching on, or crashing suddenly. Now, if it is connected to a power source, I can usually get it to switch on to the recovery screen with a dead android and various options. I have tried rebooting but it just goes dead. I have reset to factory settings, but again it doesn't work. Exscept for once, this morning, when it opened up and connected to my router, asked for me to set date and time and password ***** then died again. Yesterday I bought a lead that would connect it to the laptop, but the laptop doesn't see it and the tablet shows no power when attached to the laptop (through the same port as the power). Please, is there anything I can do to get it working? I can't afford a new one.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 10 months ago.

Hi Cherry. Welcome to justanswer.

The issues you are facing are due to some hardware fault inside the tab. Most probably the problem is in the power circuitry. The battery is making a loose contact due to which it is crashing again and again. Is your tab still under warranty?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no, unfortunately not. And the Samsung people in Milton Keynes refused to even diagnose it for me because my friend had opened it up and replaced the battery.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't think there is any point in securely connecting it to you through this laptop as the laptop doesn't see it when connected.

Dissebling the tab voids the warranty that's why they did not take it.

Ignore that offer as it is sent automatically by the website

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok

Cherry I would suggest to take it to a local repair so that they can check the fault in power circuitry and if there is any firmware issue, they will install a fresh copy of firmware in it

The repair will not be expensive. It will cost you around £40 or less

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well I took it to a computer repair place and they said they couldn't do anything for me. It was they who suggested going to Samsung locally. I have also tried to find someone online who can deal with it, by taking it away etc. but so far no luck. I can't keep paying out with no result as I can't afford it.

Do you have any other query?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no, no other queries.

Cherry take it to a mobile repairing center. Can you tell me your area code?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MK6 2HZ

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services.

Cherry if you have any query then do let me know.

Else please rate the chat.