Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

None of my HDMI ports are working on my Pioneer PDP-506XDE

None of my HDMI ports are working on my Pioneer PDP-506XDE tv
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- What video devices/ source you're trying to connect into HDMI input of TV?

- Were those devices working fine with the TV and recently has stopped?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the sky box - HDMI stopped working a while ago when I used this service because the scarts where not working. The scarts got fixed but the hdmi stopped working. Tried conectting seperae box scart to hdmi and was working until had power cut.Brought new connector scart to hdmi box and still does not work- both scarts working fine without box
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, reconnect HDMI cable in Sky box and TV, replug power cords back in, let Sky box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this but it did not resolve the problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, do you have another video source such as DVD player etc to connect into HDMI input of TV as a test?

This will verify where the issue lies, is it in TV or Sky box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry no have old dvd player that uses scart - have tried my apple tv and google fire stick and neither work with tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

ah OK, then it would be HDMI processor chip in media receiver which isn't working any more for some reason. Just to clarify, have you rebooted the media box as well by unplug - replug its power cord?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately it seems HDMI processor chip of media receiver box need to be replaced to resolve the problem. This kind of repair may cost your good money so alternate option is to get the model number off of media receiver and check it on ebay or amazon to replace entire media box, hopefully this wont cost you much.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.