Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a aSamsung ML 1450 printer and have had it about 10m

Hello I have a aSamsung ML 1450 printer and have had it about 10m years and its been great no problems
It now shows all buttons flashing and prints continually black and white lines and makes a terrible noise and onlt stops printing when I turn it off at the switch
Does it mean that it has given up the ghost or can it be mended if the latter where tdo I take it
Thank you for your time
Kind Regards
John
My number is ***** 383818 just in case
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi RichardFirst question please the £27 I have just paid is it a one off payment for your assistance. I do not wish to be charged a monthly amount of £27 as the information supplied does not make this very clear to me so I would appreciaite your adviseI did what you suggested and un plugged the printer from the power socket waited 10 minutes all lights keep flashing and still exactly the same as reported before
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi John,

I am an engineer here, I do not see anything about costs ect. Can you please email customer service on***@******.*** and they can communicate with you on anything cost related and sort out any questions or requests you have.

For your printer issue, can you remove the power and open it up and check for any foreign objects that have fallen in. The best is if you can use a vacuum cleaner to clean out the inside of the printer, then close it back up, power it on and tell me how it now functions please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did as you suggest still no change all buttons flashing still
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

If you remove the Toner, does the error stop?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If the Toner is the ink cartridge then yes no buttons flash when its not in the machine but I cannot print anything of course
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

yes, that is correct.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to replace the printer. 10 years is very good use for the printer (average is 5) but the board has now failed

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK thanks for that shame !!!!!!!!!!