Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have been using PhotofunStudio for years; with my Lumix

I have been using PhotofunStudio for years; with my Lumix FZ38.tonight when I tried to open it I got the message "use a display environment of 1024*768, 16 bits or more". There's never been a problem before. As the PC is less than 4 years old I was surprised. On checking I think PC is telling me the monitor is 1600 x 900 resolution.
thought it may have something to do with Windows 10 so I installed the updated software for ver 4.0 HD. Still wont open and getting the same message.
Help please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was there any change recently to your computer that may have caused this issue? Was there any update recently?

When did you upgrade to Windows 10?

Have you tried to do a system restore?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2063e3c6-94fb-4d92-a486-e1c1865b042d
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/zmssvxs

, then click on Run or Open (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)

Connected, working on this issue. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. Also, since PhotofunStudio is a very old program, you might want to try out the Photos app on your computer in order to import and edit photos, and see if you like it.

- And/or you can also use the FastStone Image Viewer software:

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.