JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I cannot get internet on my 32K5600

Customer Question

I cannot get internet on my 32K5600
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query.

Just to confirm are you going to the internet browser within the smart hub, and then navigating to a website?

If so are you able to connect to www.google.com, should you get an error can you please advise what the message says?

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cannot get Google on the set.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the delay it sounds like you havent setup your TV with WIFI or plugged it into the broadband router via cable.

Instructions can be found on page 9 of the manual here.

In essence goto settings, then navigate to Network then chose wireless

Follow the onscreen settings for setting up the network, and then try and go back the browser and see if you can get to google.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Good morning James. Yes I would like to ask something. I have tried what you said and can get on to google when I get on to iplayer I am told that my device is not supported. What next?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Right so the TV is now internet connected, as iPlayer (and many other on demand services) use flash you cant access it via the web browser you need to go into the smart hub and download the BBC iPlayer app for example.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

On the e-manual here, page 28 and page 28 explain the process for going into app store, finding the app (eg BBC iPlayer) and then installing it. The entire process shouldnt take more than 5 minutes. From then on you just go to the smart hub press the iPlayer app and you can watch on demand

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

On the e-manual here, page 28 and page 29 explain the process for going into app store, finding the app (eg BBC iPlayer) and then installing it. The entire process shouldnt take more than 5 minutes. From then on you just go to the smart hub press the iPlayer app and you can watch on demand

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi James sorry fr the delay in replying I got called away. I have gone through the latest as you said but I can get to see iplayer but not open the article only to be told the same thing device not supported.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Right so you have gone into apps within the smart hub and searched for "BBC" (not within the internet browser but within the TV's smart hub)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that's correct
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

What happens when you select the app from the list?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am able to see the pictures of the various progs. but when I go to play them I get the caption saying no device.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Please follow the video here and let me know what error you get after clicking download.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been through the video but cannot do what is required. My remote control is different to that used and so I hunted around to find other ways to do as asked but I cannot install any new apps. As I said before I can open the various sites but not the addons ie iplayer. I think we will have to abandon this for today I have other things to do. Many thanks.