Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have recently bought a 2005 smart car which came with a

Customer Question

Hi I have recently bought a 2005 smart car which came with a smart radio by grundig THE radio requires a code which I tried to get from a locol Mercedes dealer but to no avail they said the registration number of my vehicle and the serial number on the cd unit don't match so they are unable to give me a code for the unit can you help my registration number of my vehicle is SP55LRJ and the serial number of the unit is MC761151839508
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately this is an anti theft mechanism, you need both the original number plate and the serial number to generate the code. The best option is to arrange for it to be re-programmed\de-coded, if you enter two many incorrect codes it will be 'bricked' which means it cant be ever used and has to go back to Grundig.

I have tried calling Grundig on***********however they are closed until 9am Monday, but will certainly follow up with them.

Can you please provide the model number and part number of the radio, and also your postcode, should I be unable to get the code I can locate someone in your area to de-code it for you.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?