JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Panasonic 4K 3D LED tv, and when there are

Hi, I have a Panasonic 4K 3D LED tv, and when there are black/dark scene colours on the screen it pixelates badly. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

I assume this is happening when watching a range of media eg Netflix\Amazon, terrestrial, and Bluerays\Sky boxes?

Or does it only happen on one particular source?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all of them.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anything I can do.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is that it, am I only allowed one answer for £16?
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

No your not charged for follow on questions, sorry I didnt see your response.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

If its happening across a range of sources it sounds like this is a video processing fault.

You can try and use the different picture settings, however if its that obvious I would look to take the unit into a service centre and get them to check if the TV news a new control board.

What is the model number of the TV, and I will see what picture settings and modes are available.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Panasonic Viera, TX-50AX802B and we've only had it 18 months, but it's been the same since we bought it.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

I have noticed something similar on my Samsung 8000 but its only when you get jet black, it looks patchy in places, but Samsung have said thats just down to the video processor. Give me a few minutes and I will see what your options are for changing settings yourself.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

To edit the picture settings, press the menu button.

Select Picture and then viewing mode from the sub menu.

There should be 9 or 10 different modes you can play with to see if the issue is less obvious.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

If you dont have the TV manual to hand, you can have a look at the manual here, which lists the options and what they are normally for and how to set a professional or custom mode.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've made several adjustments today and they don't seem to make very much difference. You'd think that being such a good tv, they would have noticed this before they left the factory!
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

As I say its not just Panasonic, however confident if its happening across all sources its a TV fault rather than poor HDMI cable etc.

The only other thing you may want to check is the TV is up to date as it may be a software fault they have fixed with the latest release.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've checked the software is up to date today and it is. I have really good HDMI leads too. It's quite frustrating when you're addressing the obvious problems and not getting anywhere.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Agreed, I have also check the engineer notes for your TV there is no recall or anything listed by Panasonic as a known fault

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well thank you for your help, maybe it might be an idea to contact Panasonic and ask them the question.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

You can certainly call them, they will ask you to take it into a service centre, they will put a test card on and most likely shrug it off, but certainly worth getting them to look at it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just don't fancy taking it off the wall! Lol
Thanks again
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

You can find the nearest service centre here.

Its not a great job, but when you see some of the delivery men that take them you probably would prefer to drop it off yourself.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks for that, I'll have a look and see where the nearest place is.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received this evening.

James

JamesI, Technician
Experience: I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will, and apologies for earlier, thinking you weren't going to reply to me.
Sue