JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Leitz pradovit n24 which I haven't used for years.

Customer Question

I have a Leitz pradovit n24 which I haven't used for years. I wanted to show some slides to an elderly friend but found that whilst the fan and bulb work the arm that pushes and pulls the slides in and out is not working.
Any suggestions as to a quick fix or where I could take it for repair. Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The parts for the n24 are obsolete, with any luck it just needs serviced, and abit of lubrication with some silicon\ptfe spray.

If you are not wanting to strip it down yourself, I would suggest you approach a local camera store, should you wish me to locate such a store in your area please provide me with your postcode.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks James I thought as much so will strip it down and lubricate it although it would be useful to know a local store
I live in W7 3BJ
Geoff
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning Geoff,

I would highly recommend Chiswick Camera Centre on(###) ###-####9114, they charge £10 to look at it and quote for repair\service, but if you proceed the £10 comes off the cost of repair.

Should you wish to have someone look at it drop it in before Tuesday, as the engineer works off site and collects its from store on the Tuesday.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
James
Thanks for you e mail I have responded
Hopefully you will be able to view the trail
Geoff
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Geoff, I havent seen your response, we dont get e-mails sent in only what is typed in on this page can you paste in what you e-mailed?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?