JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a toshina L300d 202 system unit I turned it on and

Hi, I have a toshina L300d 202 system unit I turned it on and there was just a black screen, I took out one of the Rams and the screen came back on, but now I'm just getting ENTER CURRENT PASSELWORD but I've never set a bios password ***** no combination of pressed buttons will bypass this screen, I've also tried to short out the B500 pins as Intructed by you tube but that doesn't work either, any suggestions?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Are you sure this is a BIOS password ***** not a hard disk password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so I just keep getting this?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

It does look like the BIOS password, however you do get some other POST screen like this. To confirm is this a laptop you previously had access to, and therefore know it doesnt have hard disk encryption enabled?

With regard to the B500 reset did you do this 3 times, first without RAM for 5 minutes, then for a further minutes with RAM in slot one, then again for a minute with RAM in slot 2?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the first screen I get but the f2 and f12 to reboot don't work and no I didn't try that with the b500 reset I will try that now.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This is 100% BIOS then, I think you have corrupted the CMOS.

Look at the video here (watch from 3.12 onwards).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just done that and it didn't work, plus my laptop won't stay on longer that 5 mins when I do it
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The last thing you can do is remove the button cell on the motherboard, remove the battery and AC power, hold down the power button for 1 mintues, then try and start the machine up with the button cell and main battery disconnected, and just using AC power.

If this still doesnt work, the only option remaining is to replace the motherboard, you can buy new ones from ebay for around £40.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By cell button do you mean the cmos battery? And thank you if this doesn't work I will buy one
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay yes the issue is to do with CMOS, removing the battery is the next (more advanced) step than jumpering \ shorting the B500 terminals.

A new board can be found here.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you you've been a great help :-)