nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a canon ef-s 17-85mm usm lens that is malfunctioning

I have a canon ef-s 17-85mm usm lens that is malfunctioning in that when you press the button half way down the lens is moving in and out as if to try and find the target, can you tell me if it is repairable or would it cost that much I would be better buying a new lens
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 9 months ago.

Hi Barry. Welcome to justanswer.

This seems to be the problem with the motor which is responsible for retracting the lens. Sometimes dues to dust then contacts are not made properly and the motor malfunctions. I would advise you to get it checked at a local repair center. If it is the dust or loose contacts then the repair would be around £25. If the problem is with the motor then it would be an expensive affair.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks I will get it checked

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services.