Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a P/SONIC TXL42 EXB TV (and a SKY box and dish) which

I have a P/SONIC TXL42 EXB TV (and a SKY box and dish) which needs re-tuning. When switching off my CD player last night I upset a setting I think - today the TV doesn't connect to any stations). The screen shows only HDMI3. I have gone through the AutSetup routine and at the point where I expect to see stations appear on Ch 21, nothing happens - it simply tells me that no stations were found. Can you help please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- Is the TV missing terrestrial/ local channels through antenna?

- OR missing Sky channels?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, did you get above info request?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sky channels
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In fact not getting anything
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems problem is coming from Sky box, can you please reboot Sky box by unplug its power cord from wall socket for 5 minutes, replug back in and let it reboot then check Sky channels.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Sky box is disconnected - will advise.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that a second time - waiting for Sky box to re-boot
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, if problem persist then you would need to confirm the HDMI input of TV by connecting another video device such as DVD/Bluray player or PS3 etc or connect Sky box HDMI cable in other HDMI inputs of TV then select correct input in TV and check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will try that. Where do I select the correct input if I swap HDMI plugs?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please press Input button on TV or its remote to get input source list and select desired input such as HDMI-1 or 2 by using up/down arrow buttons on TV remote.

Alternate way is to push Input button repeatedly to scroll different video inputs and leave input button when get desired video input.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have discovered that the TV was attempting to connect with stations in the wrong HDMI setting - 3 instead of 1. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. All working now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, glad to know that problem is resolved.

Have nice time~

Shahid.