Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have got model number 40BV700B TV i have had it for about

Hi i have got model number 40BV700B TV i have had it for about 4 years and it just stays on standby mode and wont switch on with remote or by pressing the button on the tv. I have tryed turning it off for 24 hours but it still does the same. Please can you help.?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard my problem is still there, i plugged back in and the standby light flashes evey now and then and now is on all the time and still wont turn on.?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you disconnect it from all devices and power, wait 1 minutes, connect only the power and tell me if it then starts please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is still the same, the standby light flashes a few times then stays on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.