JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Toshiba L43 Smart TV that only shows a power light

I have a Toshiba L43 Smart TV that only shows a green power light when the power is switched on. I cannot get it to turn on the TV or anything else? Any ideas as to what has happenedas the TV has hardly been used since purchased in the spring of 2014?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

In order to rule out an AV issue, please remove all cabels (HDMI, SCART, optical and coax) cables from the device, just leaving the power cable attached. Then unplug it from the wall await 5 minutes plug it back in and see if it turns back on.

If the fault persists its likely the fault is to do with the main board which has failed, and will need to be replaced.

Should you want me to recommend a repair centre to replace the board, please provide your postcode.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi James, many thanks for your answer. Right now i am away from my office where the TV is and i will not return there until tomorrow morning 9am UK time.Just to let you know that i have already removed every cable apart from the power lead. I have already done as you said in relation to awaiting 5 minutes and plugging back the power lead. MyUK postcode is CR7 8RD. IF it means getting it repaired then i have to weigh up the potential repair costs against buying a new TV, since this TV has in reality hardly been used since it was purchased in the spring of 2014.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The fact the TV is only a couple years old I think it would be worth repair, I would recommend Colin at Fairfield TV's, he charges £20 to come to you and look at the set, but is a electrical engineer so will replace faulty components (where possible) rather than replacing entire modules, which often makes the cost of repair worthwhile. His number is(###) ###-####0454, and has availability this week to come and see you.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Many thanks James. I have spoken to Colin and he will be coming in a couple of days to see if he is able to fix the TV.Regards