Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Brand new Sony 55xd9305bu 55" 4K tv purchased one week ago

Brand new Sony 55xd9305bu 55" 4K tv purchased one week ago installed by supplier (***** *****) problem being the hand controller does not work. Have contacted Jul help line and advised a replacement will be sent soon.
Question is having removed batteries and "held" down the on/button for one minute as advised, for less than 5 mins the handset worked but then stopped. Trying to repeat same exercise failed.
Any advice please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it now works, however the hand set only operates within a three foot range from set. Would hope and expect it to operate say eight/ten feet away from screen as previous to sets have so done. It appears it is the handset that is weak.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

This can be the case or too much light around the TV.

But very likely the IR light is faulty and the replacement will resolve this. It was a different issue to what we have solved now, but I would try in a dark room at night with no lights to see if this helps, but in all honesty it will be a faulty remote, this is the most common cause.

At least it is now working, and if you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
For your info the handset does not appear to have glass/perspective end to allow. The "magic eye" to transfer light to tv. Set. Am told by JL that new sets. Do not use the "eye" hence no glass area. Seems strange if that be so then why fit such an eye in first place.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your advice however the answer was the most basic of problems . Then "installer - ***** ***** chap" placed the sound bar to close to the tv hence the receiver on the TV could not be located by the controller. Just to move the sound bar a couple of inches solved my problem. Should have thought this one out myself!! Thanks for info, who knows it migh t prove useful in future.
the