Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

Officejet 6700 Cannot connect to my computer, it says it

Officejet 6700 Cannot connect to my computer, it says it needs a security key but I do not have one how can I get this ?
Andrew
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working fine previously? Or is this a new printer or new computer or new internet modem / router device?

Are you trying to set up the printer using wireless connection?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it was working properly. it is about 5 years old and connected to my lap top

Thank you. Please let me know the followings:

1. Is the printer connected to your laptop with a USB printer cable? Or is the connection wireless?

2. What is the model of your Internet modem/router device? (The Internet modem / router device was usually given to you previously from your internet service provider.)
3. Does your laptop have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or Mac computer? Or is it a Mac laptop?

4. Is there currently a cable connected from the laptop to the internet modem / router device? Or is the connection wireless?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is connected by USB cable but does have a wireless connection as well.
It is a Sky Hub
It is Windows I think 8
Connected remotely to the router

Thank you. The Security key is your Wi-Fi / Wireless password; it is case-sensitive. Please try the followings:

Solution #1:

- Please check at the back / bottom of your Sky Hub device for the wireless password (key / passphrase, etc.) That is your security key; it is case-sensitive.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the following on your laptop:

1. Please right-click on the wireless icon at the bottom right of the laptop's screen (at the Desktop screen mode), then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
    ; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the laptop's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control panel window should open. then open Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center.)
  2. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of Connections item.
  3. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  4. Then click on the Security tab.
  5. Then select the box at Show characters.
  6. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your security key (wireless password); it is case-sensitive.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, please try the following on your laptop:

1. Disconnect the USB printer cable from the computer for now.
  2. Open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the laptop's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control panel window would open.)
  3. Open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.
  4. There, right-click on the HP printer, then select option remove / delete and confirm to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any HP item showing there for now.
  5. Make sure printer is powered on.
  6. Re-connect the USB printer cable securely to both printer and laptop.
  7. Wait a bit, and the printer should automatically be reinstalled.
  8. See if you can print something to the HP printer and check.
    ; (Note: If needed, when printing, at the print dialog window, make sure the correct printer name is showing.)

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK I will try that ( to-morrow ) but its the printer which needs the password ***** the lap top. Also all the script is about 50per cent larger than it was its just not the same as it was 7 days ago bit of a mess

Sorry, I know that the printer needs the password. If needed, you would use the laptop in order to retrieve the modem sky hub's security key / wireless password ***** the laptop, then you can enter it on the printer.

Also, what's the "script"? What is it?

OK, tomorrow, please try each of my 3 solutions until it works. Then let me know. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will try your solutions to- morrow ( Friday ) by script I mean all the dialog and pictures even this your reply is far larger than it should be everything is about twice the size it should be.

Sorry, that's strange. When you are this web page (or at any web page), you can adjust the page size by clicking on the gear icon or 3-bar icon or 3-dot icon at the upper right corner, then adjust the Zoom option there.

- Or when you are at any web page, you can press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and - (minus) on the computer's keyboard in order to reduce the page size. If needed, press a couple of times, or so.

- And you can press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and + (plus) on the computer's keyboard in order to increase the page size. If needed, press a couple of times, or so.

OK, please take your time, then let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well you learn more tricks as you go. I have reduced the size now Thank you but every thing sideways is now all to one side so I have to go to the bottom bar to slide things along to read it all. Can this be adjusted ?
Andrew

You're welcome. To fix this, press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl, Alt, and Up Arrow on the computer's keyboard in order to rotate the computer's screen back to normal.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nope this did not work, it did nothing and the next time it scrolled back up to the top
andrew

Sorry. Can you please describe more details about the issue?

What is sideway? Does this issue occur in a particular program?

When did this issue first occur?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
mainly on the e-mail page( most of the internet pages are fine ) if the side strip ( inbox, sent,trash etc ) is in view on the left the email script extends to the right and off the page so I have to go to the bottom and slide the bar to the right to bring in the rest of the script losing to the left . its too big breadth-wise to fit
andrew

When did this issue first occur?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

What's your Internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.?

Can you press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the computer's keyboard, then type winver then click OK, then let me know what Windows edition it shows there, such as Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 or 10.
Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here we go, I use Google chrome
Windows version 6.0 ( build 6002 service pack 2 )It all stared about 5/6 days ago when I downloaded a programme from the internet on my email heading ( advert ) for security ( can't remember what it was, but tried to cancel but was too late, when I get my bank statements I will be able to tell you Hang on I can check through Pay Pal It was safecart and since then everything has gone tits up. Have tried to stop it maybe you can help me to do so ?
Andrew
Andrew

1. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

2. Do you use your email in the Google Chrome program or in another program?

- Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix all these issues, i.e., email issue, printer issue, and anything else you need, directly and quickly for you.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I use google chrome for my emails
It might be as well that you take over and sort all this out as I am too old and stupid to try to sort it out. My son who died suddenly 4 years ago at 39years of age used to do all this but as he is no longer here then I will trust you to sort all this mess out for me subtly if you can
andrew

Sorry, we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f1c37af0-f508-4354-8833-52cba5b1d7d6
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience: Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.

Via remote support, I have fixed the 3 issues below per your request:

1. Printing, scanning, copying issue.

2. Email script / display issue.

3. Email attachment issue.

Please check. Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Think that;s all for now. Thank You

You're welcome. Thank you for your patience.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-itstuff/