JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My Sony TV approx. 7 years old - when turning on sound comes

my Sony TV approx. 7 years old - when turning on sound comes straight away, the screen is blue for hal an hour to 2 hours until picture shows. The picture is then perfect. any ideas
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

This sounds like an AV \ main board failure, which would be around £150 in parts.

Often you find the circuit board components start to fail and as they warm up they start to make connection again on the board and hence the TV starts working, this type of fault will ultimately result in the display not coming on at all if left.

If you would like me to recommend a suitable repair centre in your area please provide me with the model number of your Sony TV, and your postcode.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you, I just wanted to follow up to see if you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no thank you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Ok, appreciate if you can rate the service received so I may close the case.

James