Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Gr-ax670 NO RECORDING POWER BUT GETTING PLAY POWER

gr-ax670 NO RECORDING POWER BUT GETTING PLAY POWER
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alan,

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Are you using an unprotected tape in the camera?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the slider is on. When switched on the power light comes on in play and when schedwit to camera the power light goes off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did work on one occasion but when I enthusiastically tried again it failed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Approximately how old is the camera?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
17/04/1998
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every thing else works
fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The obviouse fault would be the switch, but it could the mechanics that the switch switches.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I see you have already been through all that the troubleshooting guide suggests, so that only leaves an electronic failure in recording mode. This may be caused by a faulty switch, or a blown resistor, capacitor or some other component on the circuitry inside the camera - not uncommon on a camera of this age. The best way to get it repaired is to take it to a local JVC tech or send it to a JVC repair centre, where they can connect it to their diagnostic equipment to determine where the fault lies and then carry out the necessary repair.

The UK authorised repair agent is:

Sontec Electronics Ltd
Sontec House
Concorde Road
Norwich
Norfolk
NR6 6BE

Tel: 01603 483675

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------