Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Panasonic tv keeps switching itself on in the middle of

My Panasonic tv keeps switching itself on in the middle of the night. I have been into settings and turned the auto updates to off but it keeps doing it.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in work now so cannot do it until I get home. I will not now the results until the morning as it tends to come on in the middle of the night
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, let me know when you have had a chance to test it please Teresa

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that did not work it came on (really loud) at 6 this morning
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Is it connected to a power extension board or directly into the wall socket?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its to a wall socket together with my sky box
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal powerboard that has faulted, this now confirms it. A circuit is faulty and it causes the TV to come on

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.