Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Epson Stylus SX515W My printer will not print in red, yellow

Epson Stylus SX515W
My printer will not print in red, yellow or green. Black, blue and purple are OK.
I have tried cleaning the print head a few times - no improvement. What do I do, please?
Michael Nottage
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same as before, no improvement.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

Can you replace the ink cartridges please and tell me if that then resolves it please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a complete set of cartridges available, only yellow and magenta; some have been replaced since this problem started, with no improvement.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, remove the ink cartridges and power off the computer

Then using a cotton bud and cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you have none) clean out the inside where the cartridges go in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the insides of the printer.

Allow it 10 minutes to dry, put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it now functions correctly please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I position the cartridges to remove them, please, without a warning message to do so?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If they are not moving themselves when you open it, you need to remove power to the printer and then move them by hand

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All done, same as before - red and yellow hardly printing, extremely faint; green prints in blue.Anything else I can try?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for your help and information. I purchased the printer 7 years ago, so it may be better to get a replacement.
Thanks again,Michael