Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Kenwood multiple compact Disc player DFF-J3030. It

Hi I have a Kenwood multiple compact Disc player DFF-J3030. It is all working as it should except that the display is not lighting. I have been told I need a new control board for the display. Is there a way of buying one of these or is it possible to repair a board?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please reply back when you're available to provide you the info about what could be wrong and how to correct it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid
Thanks for your response. Have you any information for me on how I go about getting my Kenwood Compact Disk Player DPF-J3030 200 CD player display repaired,Look forward to hearing from you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,

Can you use multimeter to check volts/ components and do the soldering work to replace parts on circuit board?

This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry ShahidI don't have a multimeter and wouldn't know how to use one if i had. I also don't have parts for my CD player. I was hoping you could perhaps source a new circuit board or let me know who I could send the board to for repair.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello John,

Sorry about delayed reply because of different time regions I live in, replacement main board part number for this player is Kenwood J70-1360-11 but it may no longer available because of player age, however, it can be repaired on component level by local technician, this kind of problem occurs due to loss/ failure of -36V supply line and few parts such as transistor Q14, Q15 could be bad. I can provide you schematics of player that will help the local technician to repair the player. Please search your area to get local TV repair shops phone numbers and ask them if they are willing to do component level repair work.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ShahidIf I sent the board to you could you try to repair it?ThanksJohn
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

John, I wish I could do it, I'm in Asia.