*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My tv standby light is but screen is blank. Sound still

My tv standby light is green but screen is blank. Sound still coming through the speakers.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

This sounds like the input is on the wrong one. Press the input on your remote a few times, pausing between each selection to see if the picture comes back on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your speedy reply. Unfortunately there is no response after pushing the input button.
Serial number 76T05598
Model nr: 46TL963
LCD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Assuming this is the input button you was referring too

okay, press the menu button and see if you can get the menu feature on the screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing. Screen is completely blank as if device is off. Not back light at all. See attached photo.

okay, this sounds like a problem with one the main control boards. Try unplugging the power cord from the main outlet for 15 minutes. Then reconnect the power and try powering on. Let me know what happens please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly the same. When I plug the device back in the standby light is usually red until I press standby then it goes green. Normally. But since this fault goes straight to green and even pressing the standby button doesn't turn it to red.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sound is perfect in the background

okay, does the sound come from the tv speakers or do you have an external connected speaker system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sound comes from the tv speakers. There are no external speakers plugged in to the tv.

okay, is the video device that you are using connected via hdmi cable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scart. I have nothing on screen to be able to change Chanel or switch to another device

okay, since the menu function isn't working that rules out a bad cable. The next likely cause is a bad t-con board, after that is the screen itself may have failed. We have seen several of these units with screen failure after two to three years.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the price to repair something like this?

The t-con is not very bad(around 100 GBP), if it is the screen then it will be cheaper to replace the tv.

I would appreciate not getting a negative review as this reflects my service to you. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I will continue to work with you on this until we find a solution. Please reply and let me know how we can get this resolved for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was a mistake. I went to give 3 stars as your advice was good but the tv was not fixed. My oversized thumbs accidentally selected the 2 star option. How can we resolve the issue? Do you do a repair service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would you suggest going about resolving the issue?

Do u mean the tv issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, you said in your reply "I will continue to work with you on this until we find a solution" I assume you had another suggestion.

Yes, if you want to test the tv to see if it id a board or if the screen is bad I can help, you will need a voltage tester and be comfortable taking the back off of the tv.

or if you want to have a local repair shop to check it I can find the closest one for you.