Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

No sound when playing dvd through soundbar

no sound when playing dvd through soundbar
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Please note that I am an independent technician who depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website.
I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , these are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said please reply following info request to troubleshoot the issue.
- Could you please get me the model number of units in question?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sony soundbar HT-CT790
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
DvD player panasonic tv Sony4K
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, is the DVD player connected to TV or directly to soundbar?
What type of connection cable used to connect DVD to TV?

Also what type of connection cable used to connect soundbar to TV?

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Were you getting DVD player sound from soundbar and recently the problem happened?

I need TV and DVD player model numbers.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HDMI cables connect to soundbar and tv have checked dvd player on another tv it works fine dvd to soundbar
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no sound from start
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sony49 XD8305
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, please plug DVD player HDMI cable directly into soundbar as it has 3 HDMI inputs, select correct input in soundbar to get DVD player sound while watching the picture on TV.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
panasonic SA-BTT190
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, have you tried the connection suggested in previous reply?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
tried it still no sound from dvd player
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Just to clarify, have you selected correct HDMI input in soundbar through its remote to get DVD playback sound?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
tried it in all 3.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
selected ARC
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, Panasonic SA-BTT190 itself is complete sound system and its HDMI out may not provide audio signals, we can confirm it by connecting DVD player directly into HDMI input of TV, turn Off the soundbar to enable TV internal speakers then playback a disc, do you get sound output from TV internal speakers?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
will do.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** have speakers of Panasonic SA-BTT190 and get sound through those speakers?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
to speakers tried it on another tv it worked
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Sorry? You mean Panasonic SA-BTT190 works through its own speakers, correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
on another tv with no sounbar HDMI from player to TV works.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
seems it is a compatability problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Nice, you can connect Panasonic SA-BTT190 directly to Sony TV as well, plug the HDMI out of DVD player into HDMI-3 (ARC) input of TV to get sound of DVD playback and other applications running in TV.

Panasonic SA-BTT190 is complete sound system and has ARC feature that should work with Sony TV as well.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

I mean you wont need to add soundbar between Sony TV and Panasonic SA-BTT190 sound system.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Shahid but I do want to use soundbar with DvD.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, in that case you would need to connect stand alone DVD player (separate DVD player) instead of home theater system because the DVD player of home theater system doesn't provide audio output through HDMI Out as it has its own speakers for sound output. A simple stand alone DVD player will provide audio signal as well through HDMI out and you can connect that player to get sound through soundbar.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.