Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a canon printer MF2450. It shows an error 5B00. Pls

Customer Question

I have a canon printer MF2450. It shows an error 5B00. Pls help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
will let you know after 10 min. However I do not want a monthly contract. I would rather buy a new machine if the fault is serious because the machine only cost me £49.00
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

That is no problem, it is optional if you wish to sign up for it for unlimited questions.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The problem has not been solved
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

thanks

Can you do the following please

Turn off the printer
Open the cover
Turn on the printer
Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
Leave the Printer turned on.

Tell me if it then clears the error please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the printer cartridge did not move
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, can you power it off, then move it by hand to the middle and then attempt to do the instructions please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The cartridges are on left, I moved them to the centre. no effect
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it,

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you. have I been charged for this. I do not want a monthly service from you.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

You have already paid the deposit which was for the service I provided to go through all possible causes and rule them out to confirm the problem.

This is what we did and what you paid for. If we were only paid for fixing an issue, no one would have taken your question due to the possibility of it not being resolvable.

You now have the issue confirmed and know what you need to do.

It is a one off cost but if you also signed up for the monthly subscription, I can message customer service following your rating of my service, and have this stopped if you changed your mind or signed up by accident.

If you need anything else, please let me know

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. I do not want to continue with the monthly service. I had panicked and signed by mistake
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Pls confirm that it has been cancelled
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I have sent the note off now