Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My DVDr5500 Recorder will not Open to take Discs

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder , turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still wont open
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, can you remove the power to the unit, then hold the eject button and with it held, connect the power and power it on (still with eject held)

Does it then open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still No Go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This Unit Has been out of action for about three Years
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal drive motor that has faulted, it is the only cause left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.