Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My Canon Pixma MP272 will not pull the paper down on the

My Canon Pixma MP272 will not pull the paper down on the left hand side for printing. How can I fix this? It worked perfectly until now.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Jane,

Approximately how old is the printer?

Something may be jamming the paper from feeding in, or the rollers may be worn and need cleaning or replacing.

First, have a look for any blockages - e.g. paperclips or torn pieces of paper, that may be preventing the paper from feeding in.

Let me know what you find...

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The printer is approx 4 or 5 years old. There is nothing blocking it. It stopped feeding the paper from one sheet to the next.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Are you getting an error message or flashing lights on the printer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No error message. The only thing flashing is the number in the number of copies box.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Ok, if there is no blockage then the feed mechanism has a fault, and the printer will require a repair.

However, a repair is likely to cost much more than the cost of a new printer - you can get a similar replacement printer for around £25-30 in Currys.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

You are welcome :)

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------