Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

PowershotSX270HS

PowershotSX270HS
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Patrick,

The software is universal - can other computers detect the camera ok?

Have you tried using a different USB cable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,Thanks for your prompt response. I have already checked the USB cable on my satnav and it works! My somewhat clumsy solution is to take out the camera memory card and stick it into my Mac. This does the job but is obviously not ideal. I’ll get hold of another cable as another check, but that will have to wait for the weekend.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can the Mac also detect other USB devices ok, e.g. your satnav?

If the problem is only when connecting the camera then check that the mini USB socket on the camera is clean and free of any debris that may be causing a bad connection...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cleaned the USB port, but still get 'no camera found'. As I said earlier, I'll try another cable when I have the chance. Don't know how you can remotely connect with my camera if the connection does not work! I tried looking up the wi-fi method, but without success.Will contact you again after a day or so.Patrick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Pete,According to Canon, there is a software issue with Mac OS Sierra in connection with my camera, so it is a matter of waiting to see if Canon can come up with a fix. Nothing to do with the USB port! I have now cancelled by sub. to Just Answer. Thank you for your support.
Patrick