Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Live in New Zealand. learning Technology. Can you please

My Name is***** live in New Zealand. I am Still learning Technology. Can you please ring me on(###) ###-####my area code here is 06. I don't know what number is ***** for you to ring.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm having problem with my Samsung Galaxy Cellphone J2 Android. 3 wks now. Am learning how to use it. Also learnt other issues out of my control. Still trying to sort. Problem at hand. Trying to identify if someone by the name of Nicola Pascal is a real person in need of real help, currently situated in Four Seasons hotel, Istanbul AT, Sultanahmet, Gallanted, Turkey. He is there on business. Relocated from Kent, England to San Francisco, California. These are two cellphone numbers UK +447031998251 and also +447012924562. I AM very aware of Scammers out there. I have to the best of my ability to locate and track Spoke to local police and American Embassy. Have tried to contact UK Embassy to no avail. I am to understand this person my be in danger BUT I want to be sure it is not a SCAMMER.. ALSO. I NEED MY MIND PUT AT REST. I RECEIVED A CALL 2.30 AM NZ TIME. He tells me he is unable to connect with Embassy in Turkey. I NEEDED TO KNOW TRUTH EITHER WAY. PLEASE HELP ME. REGARDS ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A gentleman is currently working with to, lot connection with HI. Not sure if it was me or phone. It jumped to wanting more money out of me and U could get out of sight. So for any inconvenience on my side. Im finding this very frustrating.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have had problem with my email and gmail access to. Will try my Gmail again.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hello Ngaire,

Unfortunately you are the victim of an attempted scam.

There are two Four Seasons hotels in Istanbul, I have called both and they do not have anyone by that name staying there, however they have had calls from other concerned people asking if someone there is in need of help.

You can read more about this type of scam here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/stranded-traveler-scam-hacks-victims-emails-asks-contacts/story?id=16774896

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Engineer
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou Pete. I finally managed ( don't no how I did it) get back to you. You have given me peace of mind that I have needed. If I knew how or someone I knew could forward a photo of this so called Nicola Pascal on my behalf, this would put my mind at rest as I would really know whom this person really is. Did anyone or you, ring the numbers supposedly this Nicola Pascal. Being UK numbers I also thought easier to TRACK.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pete the money that I paid for Lawyer on your site. I think that should go to you. Reading your txts you rang to see if anyone by name given at Hotel and was kind enough to inform me of your findings. As I mentioned if like could send photo so I could have this person Identifed. That also would bring peace of mind. What are your thoughts of putting it on Facebook if possible.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi again, thanks for your comments. The photo could be fake, or it could have been copied from a website.

You could always post it on your Facebook page to warn others and see if anyone can identify the person.

The UK cellphone numbers will not connect, so they may have been disconnected.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HI Peter, Thankyou once again for Web Site. I have also forwarded some of this on to family and friends. I now think because this person did want money from me (which HE DID NOT GET) There also my be something else of interest in Gmail site. Which was going to be used to communicate as there have been on going problems with all sites. This is the Nicola Pascal site on my Gmail.***@******.*** Security details Mailed by: yahoo.com Signed by:yahoo.com Security: Standard encryption (TLS) APPROXIMATELY within last 6mths, a life long friend who travels alot, had been HACKED. We share a common interest in a project we would some day love to see come to fruition. I don't know if it's a coincidence 3 wks ago I get a Random who wishes to be friends. I did to the best of my ability to learn about this person and asked who he knew to of my family and friends. Keep in mind still having issues with phone not sure if I was responsible for my problems or something else. I'm hoping this email of this/these SODS can also be used to track them down and the wheels turned on them. PLEASE KEEP ME INFORMED. THANKYOU.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PETE HE ALSO HAS MY CELLPHONE NUMBER.