*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I received a Samsung GT-S7560 from a friend but it will not

Hi, I received a Samsung GT-S7560 from a friend but it will not accept the Sim Number?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 5 months ago.

Hi Brendan,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

What is the name of your sim provider company?

Is the Samsung an ATT,Verizon, T-Mobile, etc....?

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Randy, I updated the phone, also I am in Spain & the sim is Vodafone.
Brendan

okay, was the phone used previously on another carrier network?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Randy it was on the O2 network.

Unlocking an O2 mobile to use on a different network

Pay Monthly customers
If you're on a Pay Monthly tariff, you can ask us to unlock your phone at any time, for free. This policy might vary depending on which phone you’ve got.

This doesn't affect your contract though – you'll still need to see out the rest of it, depending on your phone and tariff.

The only way to unlock your phone is by using My O2 online or via the main menu of the My O2 app. Once it's unlocked, we'll text you to let you know

If you’ve got an iPhone, you’ll need to connect it to iTunes once you’ve put a non-O2 sim into the iPhone. iTunes will then tell you the phone is unlocked.

If you've got an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, you won't be able to get it unlocked unless you've paid off your Device Plan in full.

Pay As You Go customers
If you're on Pay As You Go, your O2 phone can be unlocked 12 months after you bought it. It’ll cost you £15, which we'll deduct from your airtime balance. This policy might vary depending on which phone you’ve bought.

The quickest and easiest way to unlock your phone is by using My O2 online or via the main menu of the My O2 app.

If you’re not already registered on My O2, you can get onto it here. You’ll have to make sure you’ve got £15 credit available for up to 72 hours once you’ve asked us to unlock your phone. If not, it might take longer for us to process

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Randy, this Samsung was on a pay monthly tariff, that was over a year ago and the person who had this Samsung was issued with a new phone, again about a year ago or more, all with O2 in Ireland.

okay, it will still need to be unlocked.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sure whats the best way to go ahead?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it by clicking "Securely Connect"?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Randy, are you still there?
Brendan

yes, if the previous owner is still an 02 customer they can get you the sim unlock code at their 02 account.

*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok Randy, I'll go ahead with that & if no luck I'll get back to you.
Many thanks,
Brendan.

sounds good.