*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Epson printer (model WF-3620) displays message "paper

Customer Question

My Epson printer (model WF-3620) displays message "paper jam" but there is no paper jam
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Try these steps please.

Open the Printer

2. Remove the paper from the tray

3. Unplug the printer

4. Remove the cartridges if they block your view. Take a light piece of cardboard or card stock paper and push through the rollers to dislodge any paper stuck in them you can't see.

5. Use a flashlight and see if you can find any jammed paper or foreign objects. If you can see something but can't get to it, or even if you have a jam but don't see anything, pick the printer up, face the opening toward the ground and lightly shake it.

6. Using a can of compressed air (you can find these at walmart or the dollar store) and blow out the inside of the printer, along any access doors, and where the paper is fed. This removes bits of paper from places you can't see.

7. WHILE THE PRINTER IS UNPLUGGED, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

8. Now we're ready to setup the printer again. Return the paper to the tray, return the cartridges to the printhead.

9. Very important: Hold down the stop/cancel button. Plug the printer back in and turn the printer back on WHILE holding down stop/cancel.

10. If the error persists, let me know.

Let me know if it is working properly now please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not fixed yet. My daughter, who is much better than I am with electronics, is coming tomorrow so I'll try again then and get in touch afterwards. Thanks.

okay, let me know how it goes please.