Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Smart TV switches off (no pic. or sound) a steady orange

My Smart TV switches off (no pic. or sound) a steady orange light stays on and no response when using remote. Switch TV off using on/off button and then switch back on using same button everything works fine for a bout 30 mins. then same thing happens again.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Please note that I am an independent technician who depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website.
I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , these are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said please reply following info request to troubleshoot the issue.
1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1. Panasonic Plasma TX-P42G30B
2. I have a USB hard drive connected for recording programmes
A Wifi USB stick
A surround sound system via HDMI (ARC)
A DVD recorder via SCART
A PS3 via HDMI
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

- So power light on TV doesn't blink in specific pattern and stays solid?

- Have you tried to upgrade TV firmware?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have downloaded latest update
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Power light is a solid orange if I timer recordings set or solid green if no timer recordings set
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, do you switch Off the TV from main power/ cut the AC supply to TV or press power button on remote to get it working again?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No response when using remote.
I use power button on tv to switch off and then on again
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems main board internal failure that occurs when heat buildup in main processor chip so TV doesn't show picture nor sound but stays On (power light status), when turn Off the TV for a while that resets the main board and it start working again until the heat build up again.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then main board replacement would cost around 100+ Pounds. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.