Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have quite an old Panasonic TV, and have had a bit of an

Customer Question

I have quite an old Panasonic TV, and have had a bit of an accident with it, in the fact that i threw the remote at it, now the remote is ok, but the screen has got a crack in it... it is one of those plasma screens i think cos i'm no expert, being a female, an' all... the make no. is as follows TQFD734..... AGAIN I think, cos i am going by the no. at the top of the screen... if you can help me, would be jolly grateful...
many thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- Does the screen show any thing/ menu graphics etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, nothing like that, only a small-ish crack in the bottom right-hand side of the screen...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you do that??? SO SORRY as I said before I am a female and don't know how you do things like that. thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, you would need to replace entire screen of TV to resolve the problem as there is no other way around to fix/ repair cracked/ broken screen. Screen replacement would cost you good money (could exceed new TV price of same size) and you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this TV repair.

I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand the frustration but hitting me with negative rating doesn't help to fix the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I still have to pay you, considering you didn't fix my problem?thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No one can fix broken screen of plasma TV and only option is to replace the screen if still available but repair cost would be around new TV price of same size.

I hope this info will help to reconsider the rating.